Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Five Years & a Mixed Tape

A (rather cheesy) poem for my husband on our fifth anniversary. . .



Mixed Tape

I wore white and we promised to hold on,
someday we’d be ones to fly. Back then it
rained drops of jupiter. Is it simply
rain now? Is it enough to stand under
the same umbrella...ella? You’ll never

know, dear, you are the best one of the best
ones. Is paradise still coming? I can’t
say. ‘Til then, don’t be surprised if I love
you for all that you are. Because the light
changes when you’re in the room. No matter

how low or high I go, you’ve got my soul
singing and dancing through life. I’d never
need a painting bought at a diner to
remind me of the simple happiness
you’ve given me. And I’ll be yours if you’ll

be mine. Hands down. Is paradise coming?
Paradise is here. Because to me we
are perfect. The head and the heart, they know.
We know. And you’ve already given me
a better life. No diggity. No doubt.

1 comment:

The Mechams said...

I love the end! No diggity. No doubt! Great!